Zoo Med Avian Sun Deluxe Floor Lamp has a weighted base for stability and is fully adjustable! The Zoo Med Floor Lamp does not come with a bulb. Bulb is sold separately!
- Six points of adjustment allow for use in almost any position!
- Built in reflector increases light and UV output!
- Great way to provide UVA and UVB for Chameleons and birds.
- For use with Zoo Meds Compact Fluorescent bulbs (bulb sold separately)
Lamp is 72 inches high when fully extended.
Do not use in wet conditions. Use indoors only.
- Fully insert plug.
- Unplug when not in use.
- Fully extend cord before using.
- Do not cover with blankets, rugs, or any other material.
- Keep children and pets (other than your birds according to the enclosed instructions) away from fixture.
- Do not allow birds to chew on cord or perch on fixture.
- Do not use damaged cord set - inspect periodically.
- Do not exceed electrical rating.
Polarized: This appliance has a polarized plug (one blade is wider than the other). To reduce the risk of electric shock, this plug is intended to fit in a polarized outlet only one way. If the plug does not fit fully in the outlet, reverse the plug. If it still does not fit, contact a qualified electrician. Do not modify the plugin anyway.
- Weighted Base
- Lower Pole
- Upper Pole (Plastic bushing on one end)
- Lamp Fixture/Arm Assembly
- Lamp Reflector Housing
Note on Lamp Burn-In: Compact fluorescent lamps have a "burn-in" period when the light and UVB output is at its greatest. For your AvianSun 5.0 Compact Fluorescent Lamp, this period lasts about two weeks when the lamp is used to provide a normal photoperiod or day/night cycle at 10 to 12 hours per day (150 hours of use). Refer to the following chart for recommended distances during and after the burn period. Zoo Meds AvianSun Deluxe Floor Lamp is fully adjustable enabling you to easily adjust the distance of the lamp to your birds cage.
DURING/AFTER BURN-IN RECOMMENDED OPERATING DISTANCE
During burn-in 18-20" (46-51 cm)
After burn-in 12-14" (30-36 cm)
Notes on Operating Range:
The Recommended Distance refers to the distance from the lamp to your birds perch. The lamp should be placed directly overhead of your bird. DO NOT place the lamp on the side of the cage causing your bird to stare into the lamp. WARNING: DO NOT place the lamp closer to your bird than the recommended distances listed above as eye damage may occur.
When to Replace Your Lamp:
Your lamp will provide beneficial UVA and UVB for a period of 12 months. After 12 months, the lamp should be replaced with a new AvianSun 5.0 Compact Fluorescent Lamp. Before you turn on your lamp for the first time, date the base of the lamp to remind yourself when to replace it