The term bioactive is used to describe a miniature ecosystem created in a terrarium or vivarium. In a functional bioactive habitat, small invertebrates (aka clean-up crew) break down waste from your pet to make nutrients available for live plants to consume. This incredible living network forms a balance that can reduce the maintenance of your habitat while enhancing its natural appearance. The right substrate mix is critical to a successful bioactive habitat. The contents of this kit were carefully selected. to help your pets, plants, and clean-up crew collectively flourish.
- Provides the perfect foundation for your bioactive habitat
- The all-natural North American sphagnum moss prevents soil compaction and slowly releases moisture to help create a stable, high-humidity environment
- Reptisoil provides a special blend of humus, peat moss, sand, and carbon to create the perfect bioactive base to support plants, soil critters, and beneficial microbes
- Catappa leaves provide shelter and nutrients for your clean-up crew.
- Just add a clean up crew and live plants!
Note: Terrarium not included